Lake Cooley Park and Outdoor Education Center
|Other Link||Reserve a Facility|
- Boat Ramp
- Community Center
- Picnic Shelter
- Recreation Program Site
Lake Cooley Park is managed by the Spartanburg County Parks Department.
The Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center was recently constructed as a partnership between the Spartanburg County Parks Department and the Startex-Jackson-Wellford-Duncan Water District. The center will be a hub for outdoor recreation and serve as an environmental education facility that hosts educational programs aimed at the following:
- Awareness and sensitivity to the environment and environmental challenges
- Knowledge and understanding of the environment and environmental challenges
- Attitudes of concern for the environment and motivation to improve or maintain environmental quality
- Skills to identify and help resolve environmental challenges and skills aimed at increasing abilities in outdoor recreation activities
- Participation in activities that lead to increasing a knowledge base regarding the environment and the ability to safely enjoy outdoor recreational pursuits
Starting May 5, 2018, the Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center will open “Yaks and Snacks”. Yaks and Snacks will sell light refreshments and operate a kayak and stand-up paddle board rental fleet that will be open Friday 1pm-7pm, Saturday 8am-5pm and Sunday1pm-5pm throughout the Spring and Summer months.
For information regarding programs, facility meeting space or picnic shelter rentals contact Chris Spencer at 864-249-3276 or by email.
Permits are required for boat use and fishing on Lake Cooley. For permits, contact the Startex-Jackson-Wellford-Duncan Water District at 864-439-4423.