Lake Cooley Park is a lakeside park with boat ramp, fishing pier, picnic shelters, public restrooms and an outdoor education center. Permits are required for boat use and fishing on Lake Cooley. For permits, contact the Startex-Jackson-Wellford-Duncan Water District at 864-439-4423 or www.sjwd.com.
The Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center was recently constructed in partnership with the Startex-Jackson-Wellford-Duncan Water District. The center will be a hub for outdoor recreation and serve as an environmental education facility that hosts educational programs aimed at the following:
- Awareness and sensitivity to the environment and environmental challenges
- Knowledge and understanding of the environment and environmental challenges
- Attitudes of concern for the environment and motivation to improve or maintain environmental quality
- Skills to identify and help resolve environmental challenges and skills aimed at increasing abilities in outdoor recreation activities
- Participation in activities that lead to increasing a knowledge base regarding the environment and the ability to safely enjoy outdoor recreational pursuits
Starting May 5, 2018, the Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center will open “Yaks & Snacks”. Yaks & Snacks will sell light refreshments and operate a kayak and stand-up paddle board rental fleet that will be open every Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm on Sunday throughout the Spring – Summer months.
The Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center offers meeting space for business or corporate events on Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (maximum capacity of 40 people).
For information regarding programs, facility meeting space or picnic shelter rentals contact Chris Spencer at (864) 398-6708 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.